- TRIZ is a structured problem-solving method based on patterns of problems and solutions.
- Product developers use TRIZ to create breakthrough solutions by applying existing knowledge to problems in unexpected and innovative ways.
- TRIZ supports lean product development by strengthening a team’s ability to leverage and reuse knowledge across the enterprise and pull in knowledge from other companies and industries.
- The Single, Focused Idea is the unit of knowledge.
- It is much easier to capture, share and re-use single, focused ideas than complex systems.
- To find the single, focused ideas within a complex topic, begin with a high level view and then develop a plan to drill down into one small piece at a time.
This is an example of a Knowledge Capture A3 Report created from a Feature Request A3 Report. The source document is Digital Video Capture.
- Knowledge Capitalization maximizes (value - waste) in Knowledge Creation Value Streams.
- Visualization helps make knowledge more understandable in the present and more reusable in the future, by making communication much more clear.
- Each of the four value streams has a body of knowledge to capitalize upon.