- TRIZ is a structured problem-solving method based on patterns of problems and solutions.
- Product developers use TRIZ to create breakthrough solutions by applying existing knowledge to problems in unexpected and innovative ways.
- TRIZ supports lean product development by strengthening a team’s ability to leverage and reuse knowledge across the enterprise and pull in knowledge from other companies and industries.
This is an example of a Knowledge Capture A3 Report created from a Feature Request A3 Report. The source document is Digital Video Capture.
- Knowledge Capitalization maximizes (value - waste) in Knowledge Creation Value Streams.
- Visualization helps make knowledge more understandable in the present and more reusable in the future, by making communication much more clear.
- Each of the four value streams has a body of knowledge to capitalize upon.
- Standardized knowledge is knowledge that has been consciously embedded into the natural flow of product development.
- Standardized knowledge comes from the process of institutionalizing the countermeasures that project teams have developed to solve recurring problems.
- Standardized knowledge supports innovation by avoiding preventable problems and by making the areas of risk in a new product stand out more clearly in early development.