- The informality of handwritten A3 reports improves collaboration and creativity in systematic problem-solving.
- You can write an A3 report on a blank sheet of paper, make a “giant A3” on a whiteboard or keep a notebook for your personal A3s.
- The benefits of handwritten reports outweigh the fears that your writing isn’t readable.
- Problem-solving A3s often evolve into Proposal A3s.
- Any type of A3 can evolve into a Knowledge Capture A3 - in fact, this is one of the best ways to begin capturing reusable knowledge.
- Your investment in the evolution of your A3 pays off in the increased impact your ideas will have on the whole organization.
- Lean tools like kanban systems and SBCE work because they address the complex causes of problems in manufacturing, product development and other parts of the enterprise.
- Causal loop diagrams make the feedback loops visible for complex problems.
- We find better solutions to complex problems when we understand the feedback loops and look for points of leverage to mitigate harmful loops and reinforce helpful ones.