- TRIZ is a structured problem-solving method based on patterns of problems and solutions.
- Product developers use TRIZ to create breakthrough solutions by applying existing knowledge to problems in unexpected and innovative ways.
- TRIZ supports lean product development by strengthening a team’s ability to leverage and reuse knowledge across the enterprise and pull in knowledge from other companies and industries.
- The Single, Focused Idea is the unit of knowledge.
- It is much easier to capture, share and re-use single, focused ideas than complex systems.
- To find the single, focused ideas within a complex topic, begin with a high level view and then develop a plan to drill down into one small piece at a time.
- Product Platform Architectures eliminate waste along the entire value stream.
- Levels of modularity allow a company to adopt a Platform Architecture strategy that fits their industry, product strategy and customer needs even in situations with high demands for tightly integrated product designs.
- Platform architecture teams require clear strategic objectives to guide their decisions.